Most gardeners eventually gain the wisdom that ‘everything old is new again.’ Join Barb Oehlschlaeger-Garvey, Museum and Education Department Director as she discusses trends in today’s revived notions of Victory Gardens, while reflecting on their similarities and differences with those Victory Gardens of the past. Free. For more information, contact Kaitlyn Riopelle at 217-586-2612 or email@example.com
Peek-a-Boo Time (0-24 months): Tuesdays, 9:30-9:55am
A storytime for our youngest patrons and their caregivers, featuring participatory songs, lap bounces, and action rhymes for children up to 24 months old. Older siblings and friends are welcome to attend as well.
This program is for preschoolers age 2-6 to learn as we play in nature! We’ll use all five of our senses to explore the outdoors! This is a chance for parents/grandparents to actively engage with children as they experience the natural world. Dress for the weather, as we will be outdoors for the entire program. $5 per child. Register by: February 27; (217) 896-2455 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Preschool Storytime (3.5 years and up): Tuesdays OR Wednesdays, 10:00-10:45am
Books, songs, crafts, dances, and more! The materials in this storytime are longer and more complex and selected for children approximately 3.5 to 6 years old. Younger siblings are welcome with adult supervision.
- Citizen Police Academy to educate residents on law enforcement (2/26/2015) - Law enforcement offices in Champaign County, including the Mahomet Police Department want to equip local residents with an understanding of law enforcement practices through a 10-week Citizen Police Academy from April 9 to June 11. Local officials will listen to participants’ concerns…
- Students in Mahomet-Seymour Schools to begin first round of PARCC testing next week (2/27/2015) - Mahomet-Seymour sixth grade student Jessica Smith has taken a lot of standardized tests during her seven years as a student. Every year, Mahomet-Seymour students like Smith answer questions about letter sound recognition when they take the Illinois Snapshots of Early…
- Faternal Order of Police make donation to MAYC (2/26/2015) - Mahomet Police Officer, Dave Parsons from the Faternal Order of Police Illini Post 17 made a $500 donation to the Mahomet Area Youth Club Thursday morning.
- Sidewalk Prophets return to Sangamon River Music Festival (2/27/2015) - The Sangamon River Music Festival Committee is pleased to announce that award winning Christian Music artist, Sidewalk Prophets will return to the main music stage for the 2015 festival this August. The performance will begin at 11 a.m. on August…
- MPRD call for baseball registration (2/27/2015) -
- Low Mortgage Rates Fuel Champaign County Home Sales Median Home Sale Prices Increase 6.61 percent in January (2/16/2015) - With 30-year fixed mortgage rates at below 4 percent, home sales bounced back in January after a slight drop in December, according to the Champaign County Association of REALTORS®. A total of 148 homes were sold in January, up…